Monday, January 1, 2018

The Packers 2017 season is in the bank aka... here's some (really fucking) old music of mine to make you forget

Thank god this season is over...  Also, here's the music I promised on my Periscope's.  Hope you like harmonica...


GREEN BAY PACKERS WEEKLY UPDATE:


Well, another week, another disappointment.  I didn't expect the result to be much different considering we were fielding what was essentially a preseason lineup against a borderline playoff team.  And considering the Lions just let go of Jim Caldwell, they felt they were, at least, a playoff team.  There are a number of things that I'm happy about though:

#1-#98 - Aaron Rodgers will be back next year.  As much as this season sucked and it seemed like our roster was not a Super Bowl-caliber roster, all of that would've been different if we were living in Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood.  It's hard to think of but a long, long time ago, I can still remember when...  the Packers were 4-1 and prohibitive Super Bowl favorites via Vegas and Jordy Nelson led the league in TD receptions (or was tied for the lead, I can't remember).  Those were certainly different times...

#99 - Davante Adams is coming back.  He deserved every penny of his new contract, especially considering the not one, but two incredibly cheap and nasty hits he took this season that led to concussions.  Again, I've been through concussions recently and they were not fun and I most certainly did not get over them in a week's time like Mr. Adams, so I most certainly hate that this happened; to him and me.  FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, I MISSED MY FUCKING ALBUM RELEASE (and  the subsequent month or two, can't remember, for some fucking reason...) DUE TO A CONCUSSION.  So, yeah, I fucking hate concussions.  Stop running into me from behind at red lights assholes.  Please...

#100 - Corey Linsley is coming back.  He still has one of the most memorable blocks I've ever seen.  Remember a couple years back when we were playing the Bears and Aaron Rodgers was getting tackled and threw the ball across his body, sidearmed, as the guy had his arm as part of the sack, and it went all the way across the fucking field and, somehow,  directly to Davante Adams for a touchdown?  It was one of the most ridiculous throws in Rodgers' career and it didn't count because of a bullshit penalty against Linsley.  Linsley is so fucking strong he threw his guy to the ground, which, for some reason, they called as a holding penalty.  I'm still not sure what they were thinking but fuck them, I still remember the TD as such.  I've seen Linsley get flagged for being "too strong" and knocking people over at least four times that I can recall.  Glad to have him back.  Rodgers had something like five different centers in his first six seasons, so it's nice to have someone there for more than a year...

THIS WEEK IN MUSIC:


I promised some music on here a few weeks ago (after the Jake Becker-themed Periscope concert) but was too dumb to figure out how.  Well, by George, I've done it!  And, as promised during my recent folk music-themed Periscope concert (every other Friday, next up 1/12/2018), here are the folk songs I played, fucked up a little (since I haven't played them in 8-9 years) but had fun reliving last Friday on, yes, you guessed it, my Periscope concert series (search "bradley wik" on the periscope app.  It'll be the one with my fucking face on it).

FOLK SONGS:

"Mona Lisa's Blues":
"My Dearest Emily":

JAKE BECKER SONGS:

"Alone in the Silence":
"Deer in the Headlights":

(UNFORTUNATELY THERE IS NOT A WAY TO UPLOAD AUDIO TO BLOGSPOT THAT I KNOW OF.  PROBABLY IS, BUT I DON'T KNOW THIS INTERNET SHIT TOO WELL.  PLEASE VISIT WWW.BRADLEYWIK.COM TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO MENTIONED)

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment