Monday, January 22, 2018

Dear little buttercup, won't you stay a while? aka what?



Sports and shit...


I almost feel bad for Vikings fans...  Almost.  I get it though.  I really do.  Team of Destiny type feel, incredible regular season run, miracle throw and catch in the Divisional round (though ours was more a result of amazing talent then random brain fart but whatever) and...  complete meltdown in the NFC Championship.  Yep, welcome to the Packers' fans world.  That was our experience last year and now you get to root for the Patriots just as I did last year, which isn't a bad place to be in considering Tom Brady is the cheat code for the NFL.  It's like Brady figured out (and has become) what was the DUMBEST/LAMEST CHEAT CODE EVER IN JOHN ELWAY'S QUARTERBACK ON NES.  Do the Eagles stand a chance?  Of course they do.  But, is it reasonable to expect that this game will eventually come down to Brady vs. that vaunted Eagles defense, just as it did in the Patriots' game against the Jaguars.  And, similarly, just as he did against the vaunted Seahawks' defense and the Falcons' defense in Super Bowls past (not to mention the 51 other 4th quarter comeback wins, including this past weekend), Tom will be ready to tear them a new asshole come crunchtime.  So, Vikings fans, rest assured that the Eagles will get theirs.  I'm sure the first half will be promising for Foles and the Eagles and it'll appear that they have a great chance at taking home their first Lombardi, but that is utterly meaningless when MR. TECMO SUPER BOWL HIMSELF COULDN'T COMPETE WITH TOM BRADY...

Now, I didn't get to watch either of the games this weekend since I was in Spokane, WA for a show (many thanks to the Spokane DoubleTree for upgrading me to the Presidential Suite...  There's nothing quite like a hotel room with multiple bathrooms and more chairs than you can fart in...) and was traveling back during the games.  I have to say I was surprised by the Vikings/Eagles outcome a little, but not much.  My lady did announce, quite authoritatively, that the Jaguars had improbably defeated the Patriots 20-10, to which I replied "Are you sure?  Is there no time left?" knowing that even 10 seconds is enough for Mr. Brady to score 2 touchdowns if he wanted to.  I spent the last five hours of the trip thinking "Blake Bortles is a Super Bowl quarterback...  Yay...  Trent Dilfer would be proud..."  Luckily, it wasn't so...


Life, Music and shit...


This week I got to see the first cut of my music video for "Lookin' at Luckey."  As you'll recall (because you read all of these blog posts/updates religiously, right?  RIGHT?!?!), we shot a music video a few weeks back.  If you don't remember or aren't all up on this bitch, READ THIS SHIT AND GET CAUGHT UP ASSHOLES!  Anyways, the cut was AMAZING!  The director was horribly ill (probably because he works way too fucking hard) and was out for a couple weeks, so this was my first glimpse.  I was BLOWN AWAY GEORGE, BLLLOOOOWWNN AWAY.  Kevin, the director, has such an incredible eye for this shit.  He's an unbelievable talent and I'm still grateful that we got to work with him.  I simply cannot wait to show you guys and gals this thing he's created (and I helped!  Bonus points for anyone who gets that commercial reference.  Sometimes I feel old.  HE LIKES IT, HEY MIKEY).  It could be the thing I'm most proud of being a part of in my career.  Luckily, very little acting was require of me.  Singing along and pretending to play my own fucking song is about the extent of my acting skills.  Oh, and looking fucking badass and sexy in my leather jacket, jeans and boots...  I'M JUST A LONELY LONER, ON A LONELY ROAD...

Since it was a sadder week, here are the top five songs from Bradley's week (since I know you're all dying to know.  Well, I guess you might be if you're actually reading this fucker.  And, if you're reading this, Hi Mom!):

1.  "I am a Scientist" - Guided By Voices


"I am an incurable and nothing else behaves like me."  Just. Fucking. Beautiful.  Also, bonus points for the first comment being "I like to drink and comment on this video."


2.  "Power" - Kanye West


I've been obsessed with trying to learn the lyrics as I played the fuck out of the version he released before the record when he was being weird and leaking his own songs but sometimes they were different versions for some fucking reason with different lyrics or were songs that weren't on the record and it was weird but that's a fucking run-on sentence if there ever was one.  But, he released the alternate version in the middle of my insanity, the middle of my crazy period filled with anything and everything terrible and I can't count the nights I survived because of it's majestic beauty.  Kanye is simply on a different level.  I 100% truly believe he truly is the greatest hip-hop artist ever.  He somehow usurped A Tribe Called Quest for me.  I mean, fuck, he is the man who once said "Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh? Put the pussy in a sarcophagus."  Classic.

3.  "Skyway" - The Replacements


Speaking of Spokane, WA, "It's got bums when it's cold like any other place..."  Just a beautiful song by a man who truly understands us humans.  Not many do, unfortunately.  Or, fortunately, for them.  I think I'm talking specifically about me and not most of humanity.  Maybe it's an Asperger's thing.  I only know me and what makes me "me."  Who knows...

4.  "Sally Goodin'" - A View of Earth from the Moon


Yes, that's me singing this ridiculously old folk song with Jon Fickes and playing one half of the dual harmonica solo.  Yes, there was a time in our lives when we thought a dual harmonica solo was a good idea...  New York City is a hell of a drug...


5.  "You Can Call Me Al" - Paul Simon


Yes, while in Spokane I spent my last couple hours (ridiculously drunk, by the way, as expected) at a piano bar yearning for this song.  The guys didn't have a system that made sense to me so I didn't request this song as I normally would.  They never play it anyways at piano bars...  I need a new piano bar song...  But, this always takes me back to a time when Chevy Chase was one of the funniest people on the planet.  I miss it.  I love "Three Amigos" like it's nobody's business.  I mean, Jesus fuck, THIS HAPPENED.  I still watch my fucking old DVD copy of that movie constantly.  It isn't even in widescreen or fullscreen, it's only fills up part of my TV and is in the old-style cardboard DVD case.  It isn't as old as my "Goodfellas" DVD which I have to flip over in the middle of the movie, but it's probably the second or third DVD I bought.

I could listen to "Al" all day, every day and never tire of it.  NERD ALERT:  this was my favorite song to play in Pep Band.  Turns out when you tear your achilles and you can't play football and basketball (and baseball, but there's no baseball pep band) but you love music and still want to be around sports (and the cheerleaders) you might play in the pep band and learn songs like this.  Goddamn, run-on sentence much after five Woodford's?

No time to proofread this shit, so it is as such.  Read at your own risk, or don't, but if you're reading this than you've fucking read the whole thing anyways...  So, I win...  Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment